“Animation and games are creative and technically driven industries and our teams have to be constantly up-skilled in order to compete in this truly global market. Animation Skillnet is excellent in offering innovative, relevant training designed by leading practitioners within the industry and facilitates excellent networking and sharing of ideas across the sector.” Paul Young, CEO, Cartoon Saloon.
Animation Skillnet was established in July 2013 to address the current and future vital skills needs of the animation, games and vfx sectors in Ireland.
WHAT WE DO
- We run regular (short and long) subsidised training courses for member companies and freelancers working in the sector.* These courses are and will continue to be bespoke, specialist courses designed and delivered by industry professionals to address the needs identified by industry.
- We offer subsidised (up to 30%) in-house training solutions to companies (for current staff or new recruits). The definition of training that qualifies for the subsidy can be broad and can include on-the-job training, placements, networking etc.
- We offer subsidised rates to high level personnel in studios to attend key international events (conferences/markets etc.) such as the Kidsceen Summit, the Children’s Media Conference, FMX , Siggraph and GDC.
- We fund, organise and/or support key conferences/networking events for the sector, including the VFX and Animation Summit, Digital Biscuit, Animation Dingle, the Animation Art Show, Pegbar and Women In Animation Ireland to name a few.
- We are responsible for the Bridge Programme in partnership with Dublin Business Innovation Centre, Screen Training Ireland and the Irish Film Board. The Bridge is an intensive 8 week programme aimed at producing “Industry Ready Specialists” for the animation, games and vfx sectors in Ireland.
- In collaboration with Screen Training Ireland we run the 12 month Animation and VFX Traineeship Programme for the animation and VFX sectors in Ireland.
“Animation Skillnet has become a valuable asset to the Irish animation industry. Bridging the skills gap between graduates and industry and developing the skills of those already operating in the animation sector. The progress and competitiveness of the Irish animation and VFX industry is dependant on the quality of the talent available. Animation Skillnet is a supportive driving force behind the development of the talent that will underpin the future growth of the sector.” Stephen Fagan, Managing Director, Treehouse Republic
“I would highly recommend doing the Animation Skillnet courses, or being involved in the VFX & Animation Traineehip programme. These programmes with there focus on new technologies and industry trends have supported Pink Kong Studios greatly. I hope that Animation Skillnet, which is an extremely useful resource, keeps growing and supporting companies like ours to learn and grow as the industry changes.” Niamh Herrity, CEO, Pink Kong Studios
“Animation Skillnet has provided our staff with immense, accessible opportunities to up-skill in a variety of industry relevant areas. Through our engagement with Animation Skillnet there has been a definite excitement about learning in our studio. The course topics are designed to allow the application of learning in day-to-day roles, which is very rewarding for staff. These offerings along with the traineeship have led to high staff engagement, evident through the conversations people are having about what they are learning and the eagerness of staff to participate in the courses being offered.” Dr Arlene Egan, Learning and Development Manager, Brown Bag Films
Check out the launch video for Animation Skillnet here: