This course will cover the following:
- Fundamentals of storyboarding i.e. staging, pacing, editing & acting.
- Specific requirements for series work in differing formats (2D, CG, etc.).
- The storyboard artist’s role in the production process.
- The director/storyboard artist relationship.
- Storyboarding as a profession- getting started and building a client base.
This course is aimed at aspiring storyboard artists, students and anyone who is interested in the animation pre-production process and/or looking for insight into storyboarding as a profession. The course assumes a basic understanding of film language and storyboarding, but is suitable for all levels of experience, from recent graduates to working board artists.
Dan Nosella has 20 years’ worth of experience in the animation industry. He has worked on numerous TV series (Rupert, Gargoyles, Jimmy Neutron, to name a few) as a director and storyboard artist. He is currently working at Brown Bag Films as the series director on Doc McStuffins season 5 for Disney Junior.
Date & Times:
5 Tuesday Evenings from 6.30pm-9.30pm – 7th November, 14th November, 21st November, 28th November and 5th December.
Room 11, Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylors Lane, Dublin 8 (Directions and Map: http://gec.ie/get-in-touch/).
Members: 100 Euro, Non Members: 125 Euro
Payment can be made by credit card online (a link will be sent to you) or by cheque/postal order payable to Animation Skillnet.
Please apply by sending an email to: email@example.com
Deadline for Applications:
Wednesday, 1st November.