This course will cover the storyboard process from script to animatic & examine the roles & responsibilities of the director & storyboard artist. Topics to be covered include:
- Process- from rough board to finished animatic
- Visual storytelling- from word to image
- Storyboarding fundamentals
- Film language & shot selection
- Staging-composition & cameras
- Editing & pacing- transitions & cutting
- Acting & posing
- The Director’s eye- notes & revisions
- Making the animatic
- The state of the business & the process of becoming & succeeding as a storyboard artist.
The course assumes a basic understanding of film making & is aimed at graduates, storyboard artists & anyone interested in a better understanding of the animation production process & the director’s role.
Dan Nosella has worked in the animation industry for almost 20 years as a storyboard artist, supervisor & director. He is currently directing season 5 of Disney’s Doc McStuffins for Brown Bag Films.
Date & Times:
5 Tuesday Evenings from 6.30pm-9.30pm – 10th April, 17th April, 24th April, 1st May and 8th May.
Conference Room 3, Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylors Lane, Dublin 8 (Directions and Map: http://gec.ie/get-in-touch/).
Members: 100 Euro, Non Members: 125 Euro
Payment can be made by credit card online (a link will be sent to you) or by cheque/postal order payable to Animation Skillnet.
Please apply by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications:
Wednesday, 4th April.