The third annual Irish Visual Effects (VFX) & Animation Summit, in partnership with Animation Skillnet and Screen Training Ireland, takes place from Friday 20th to Sunday 22nd November 2015.
The Summit, which is free of charge, celebrates all elements of digital production, with talks, workshops, masterclasses, discussion panels and Q&As with award-winning design, VFX and animation professionals including cutting edge talent from both Ireland and around the world.
Confirmed speakers at this year’s summit include high profile industry figures such as Jim Morris, President of Pixar Animation Studios; Neil Weatherley, CG Supervisor at Framestore who will give a presentation on THE MARTIAN; Kevin Baillie, CEO of Atomic Fiction and VFX Supervisor on THE WALK; Mark Ardington, CG Lead at Double Negative, discussing EX MACHINA.
Animation Skillnet and Screen Training Ireland are teaming up with the VFX and Animation Summit to offer a number of FREE masterclasses on Friday 20th November. These sessions will include an animal anatomy masterclass with Stuart Sumida, the most sought-after animal anatomy consultant in the animation and visual effects industries, having worked on over 60 films, video games, and theme park rides; A 3D Animation workshop in association with Escape Studios delivered by animator Alex Williams, whose film credits include WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT?, THE LION KING, THE IRON GIANT, the three latest Harry Potter films, and The Chronicles of Narnia series; A Houdini workshop with Paul Timpson, a Technical Director who has worked with studios such as Dreamworks, Framestore and Animal Logic; a session on the wider animation pipeline with Karl Erlandsen, technical director and animator at Framestore; and a Design for Digital and Physical Production event, with sessions from writer and illustrator Brendan McCarthy (MAD MAX: FURY ROAD) and graphic designer Annie Atkins (BOXTROLLS; THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL).
Details on the master classes are contained in the links below. Places are limited; please sign up before Friday 13th November in order to be considered for a place.
To attend the VFX and Animation Summit on Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd November, please go to http://vfxsummit.com/ for registration details.
- Animal Anatomy and Locomotion for Animators/VFX Artists with Stuart Sumida: http://animationskillnet.ie/event-registration/?ee=76
- 3D Animation with Alex Williams (in conjunction with Escape Studios): http://animationskillnet.ie/event-registration/?ee=77
- Houdini for FX Artists with Paul Timpson (SoCreator): http://animationskillnet.ie/event-registration/?ee=78
- Animation and the Wider Pipeline with Karl Erlandsen (Framestore): http://animationskillnet.ie/event-registration/?ee=79
- Design for Digital & Physical Production with Brendan McCarthy & Annie Atkins: http://animationskillnet.ie/event-registration/?ee=81