This course will develop confidence in After Effects skills, covering the basics of animation and compositing along with tips and tricks and best practice. It is designed to introduce users to After Effects and build up core skills that can be used across a wide range of disciplines from compositing to motion graphics to animation. Topics covered will include:
- Navigating AE: Project and effects panels, timeline, effects controls,
viewport and the associated buttons and tools.
- How to collect a project and the importance of correct folder structures and
- Animation/Motion Graphics: Creating shapes, text and mask layers, timeline
editor, animation curves, and basic expressions.
- Creating and using alpha and luma mattes, and green screen keying.
- Rotoscoping best practice, how to avoid rotoscoping, and tracking footage in
- Compositing a shot, rendering and output.
Participants should have some basic knowledge of After Effects, and are looking to improve their results. The course is suitable for graduates, and also those in the film/tv/animation industry looking to brush up on their skills.
Daniel Cantwell has worked in numerous studios in Ireland since graduating in 2009 and has many years practical experience on high-profile tv shows and animations, starting out as a compositor and moving into VFX as a supervisor. He is now the Creative Director at Ben & Anvil studio, which has won many design and animation awards.
Date & Times:
5 Thursday Evenings from 6.30pm-9pm – 22nd February, 1st March, 8th March, 15th March and 22nd March.
Room 11, Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylors Lane, Dublin 8 (Directions and Map: http://gec.ie/get-in-touch/).
Members: 100 Euro, Non Members: 125 Euro
Payment can be made by credit card online (a link will be sent to you) or by cheque/postal order payable to Animation Skillnet.
Please apply by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications:
Wednesday, 14th February.