This course will introduce the main tools and techniques that will allow participants to develop a professional compositing practise for film, animation and broadcast as well as giving a better understanding of compositing within the broadcast production pipeline.
The Course Will Cover:
- The workflow and the integration of After Effects with other applications in the production pipeline.
- Working with assets from 2D, 3D, live action and greenscreen footage ● Animating assets, layers, text, masks.
- Creating Effects and working with presets.
- Clean up techniques – removing objects from a scene, rotoscoping, greenscreen keying techniques, basic colour correction
- Troubleshooting and best practise – TV safe, file formats, project setup, file and folder structuring, collecting projects, naming structures, pipeline management.
- Rendering and outputting for different deliverables – Broadcast, Online – and maintaining correct settings for each format.
The course is aimed at recent graduates and any video/TV professional or animator with a basic knowledge of After Effects who is looking to develop a better working knowledge and best practise for compositing with After Effects in film, animation and broadcast.
Paul Madden has been working as an animator, compositor, and director on award winning short films, music videos, commercials, theatre and animated TV series since 2001. As well as helping to start Irish animation studio, Delicious 9, he has worked for Monster Entertainment, Kite Entertainment, Magpie6Media and Saltydog Productions. He has extensive knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, Media Encoder and Flash, and working knowledge of Adobe Prelude, 3dsMax, Maya, Harmony and Final Cut. Paul setup and managed broadcast production pipelines for two RTE/CBBC animated TV series – I’m a Creepy Crawly (Monster) and Brain Freeze (Kite) and developed an R&D pipeline for converting animation assets for use in mobile game apps.
Date & Times:
5 Thursday Evenings from 6.30pm-9.30pm, 07th April, 14th April, 21st April, 28th April and 5th May.
Room 11, Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylors Lane, Dublin 8 (Directions and Map: http://gec.ie/directions-and-map).
Members: 100 Euro, Non Members: 125 Euro
Payment can be made by credit card online (a link will be sent to you) or by cheque/postal order payable to Animation Skillnet.
Please apply by sending an email to: email@example.com
Deadline for Applications:
Wednesday, 30th March.