The course will cover:
- Financial management: Cash flow, budgets, finance plans, books and records.
- Accessing funding: Sources of finance, soft money v market money, funding applications, tax credits and development funding.
- Dealing with third parties: Co-producers, distributors, broadcasters, License fees and agents.
- Ancillary revenue streams: Licensing, merchandising, recoupment schedules.
- Managing talent: Music, writers, animators, voice artists and post production.
- Other: Legal and accounting.
This course is aimed at individuals in production/creative roles within the animation industry who want to increase their knowledge of the business side of the industry and how to go about financing a project.
Ronan McCabe is a managing director/consultant with a proven track record in the development and commercialisation of animation and television properties in Ireland, Britain, Europe and the USA, including the iconic characters Zig & Zag, Podge & Rodge, Dustin and Mr. Tayto. His career has been based on identifying, developing, financing and producing new projects/properties, extracting value through the strategic management of rights, communication skills, interpersonal skills, financial background and commercial acumen.
He has successfully managed a company for over twenty years from start-up with the ability to keep innovating in a constantly evolving and challenging industry.
He is an award winning executive producer of Television, Film and Digital Media with 3 x IFTAs, 2 X Royal Television Society Awards, several number one singles, albums, books and DVDs.
He is currently the Treasurer of Animation Ireland and is also a former chairman and board member of Screen Producers Ireland.
Date & Times:
5 Monday Evenings from 7pm-9pm, 7th November, 14th November, 21st November, 28th November and 5th December.
Conference Room 3, Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylors Lane, Dublin 8 (Directions and Map: http://gec.ie/get-in-touch/).
Members: 100 Euro, Non Members: 125 Euro
Payment can be made by credit card online (a link will be sent to you) or by cheque/postal order payable to Animation Skillnet.
Please apply by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications:
Wednesday, 2nd November.