This course will develop confidence in After Effects skills, covering the basics of animation and compositing along with tips and tricks and best practice:
– Navigating AE: Project and effects panels, timeline, effects controls, viewport and the associated buttons and tools.
– How to collect a project and the importance of correct folder structures and naming conventions.
– Animation/Motion Graphics: Creating shapes, text and mask layers, timeline editor, animation curves, and basic expressions.
– Creating and using alpha and luma mattes, and green screen keying.
– Rotoscoping best practice, how to avoid rotoscoping, and tracking footage in Mocha.
– Compositing a shot, rendering and output.
Participants should have some basic knowledge of After Effects, and are looking to improve their results. The course is suitable for college students or graduates, and also those in the film/tv/animation industry looking to brush up on their skills.
Daniel Cantwell has worked in numerous studios in Ireland since graduating in 2009 and has many years practical experience on high-profile tv shows and animations, starting out as a compositor and moving into VFX as a supervisor. He is now the Creative Director at Ben & Anvil studio, which has won many design and animation awards.
Date & Times:
5 Wednesday Evenings from 6.30pm-9.30pm, 15th February, 22nd February, 1st March, 8th March and 15th March.
Room 11, Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylors Lane, Dublin 8 (Directions and Map: http://gec.ie/get-in-touch/).
Members: 100 Euro, Non Members: 125 Euro
Payment can be made by credit card online (a link will be sent to you) or by cheque/postal order payable to Animation Skillnet.
Please apply by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications:
Wednesday, 8th February.