This Course Will Cover:
- Theory and practice for lighting and look development.
- Review of CG animated films with a discussion of the techniques used for look and lighting.
- Discuss look and lighting pipeline.
- Discuss the differences between feature film and tv series pipeline.
- Photography techniques for acquiring images to be used as texture maps.
- Creating seamlessly tiled textures for procedural materials.
- Introduction to instancing and grooming using Mayas new Xgen features.
- Careers and internships in lighting and look development.
Participants should have a computer/laptop with CG production software. Participants should also have a basic understanding of 3D animation software, texture mapping techniques, UV mapping and layout and Photoshop.
John Huikku recently joined Brown Bag Films as technical supervisor on Henry Hugglemonster after working for The Walt Disney company for 15 years. John’s lighting and look development credits include Frozen, Wreck-It Ralph, Tangled, Bolt, Return of the King, Sky Captain and Armageddon.
Date & Times:
Wednesdays 6.45pm-9.45pm, Dates: 26th Feb, 5th March, 12th March and 26th March
Studio 14, Arts Building, Ballyfermot College of Further Education, Kylemore Road (Directions: http://www.bcfe.ie/contact.php).
Non Members: 100 Euro, Members: 80 Euro.
Payment can be made by cheque or postal order payable to Animation Skillnet C/O Dublin Business Innovation Centre.
Please apply by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications:
Wednesday, 19th February.