Animation Skillnet in collaboration with Boulder Media, and with support from the BAI, are running a series of Animation Bootcamps from Monday 22nd May to Friday 23rd June 2017.
Each Bootcamp will involve one week of specialist training in a key area of animation production delivered by an industry professional from Boulder Media or another animation studio.
Each Bootcamp will run for one full week from Monday-Friday, each day from 9am-5pm (except for the Compositing Bootcamp which will run for 4 days).
The Bootcamps will run as follows:
- Week of 22nd May – One week of Harmony Animation with Graham Tormey (Harmony Animation Lead at Boulder Media).
- Week of 29th May – One week of Harmony Rigging with Stephen O’Keeffe (Harmony Rigging Lead at Boulder Media) and Chris Carter (Harmony Rigger and Scripter at Boulder Media).
- Week of 5th June – 4 Days (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) of Compositing using After Effects (Monday 5th June is a bank holiday) with Ed Smith (Post Production Supervisor at Boulder Media).
- Week of 12th June – One week of Backgrounds/Layout using Photoshop with Fran Johnston (Backgrounds/Layout Supervisor with Boulder Media).
- Week of 19th June – One week of Storyboarding using Storyboard Pro with Patrick O’Callaghan (Freelance Storyboard Artist for Jam Media, Treehouse Republic, Telegael and Geronimo).
- Week of 19th June – One week of Production Management with Leon Elliott (Production Manager at Boulder Media), Ronan McCabe (Media Consultant, Producer and Treasurer of Animation Ireland), Daniel Spencer (Freelance Producer) and Jamie K. Bolio (Founder – 62 George Street).
Each Bootcamp will involve classes with industry tutors as well as plenty of hands on practice in class with ongoing feedback from tutors. The aim at the end of each Bootcamp is that participants will be better prepared to attain a job with Boulder Media or another studio. Each participant will also finish each Bootcamp with work for their portfolio as well as portfolio advice from the tutor (except in the case of the Production Management Bootcamp).
Finally, at the end of each Bootcamp, each participant will be given the opportunity to complete and submit a test to Boulder Media. Those who complete a successful test will be offered an interview for a job with Boulder Media. Please note that no test will be offered to those doing the Production Management Bootcamp.
Those who complete the Animation Bootcamp will be given the opportunity to complete and submit a test to Boulder Media. Those who complete a successful test will be offered a place on Boulder Media’s internal 3 week internship which will lead to an interview for a role with Boulder Media who are currently seeking to recruit 20 animators.
The cost for each Bootcamp is as follows: 100 Euro per weekly Bootcamp.
Graduates from animation, games, VFX and other related courses who are interested in being considered for a place on one or more of the Animation Bootcamps should apply at the link below by Friday 12th May.
Applicants must include a link to an online CV or LinkedIn profile and a link to an online showreel or digital portfolio in their application.
Animation Skillnet and Boulder Media will select participants for each Bootcamp from those who apply. Successful applicants will be notified asap before each Bootcamp starts.
Please note that applicants can apply to more than one Bootcamp, but should only apply for Bootcamps that they are generally interested in and have the right skills for. There are 16 places available on each Bootcamp.
If you’re interested in being considered for a place on one or more of the Animation Bootcamps, please apply here now: http://animationskillnet.ie/event-registration/?ee=158