Screen Skills Ireland in partnership with Animation Skillnet is delighted to bring Managing Remote & Hybrid Teams course.
This training consists of 4×2 hr workshops, where we bring leaders/managers in from Animation, VFX and Games section together to explore the move to remote/hybrid work and the challenges it has brought. We will discuss solutions you have found that work for your industry, and we will introduce you to tools and techniques that you can use to ensure yours teams continue to thrive in this new work environment. Some of the topics we will look at include (but are not limited to):
- Discuss the characteristics of successful Remote/Hybrid teams
- Identify techniques that you can use to build trust in a remote/hybrid work environment
- Identify tools & techniques to communicate and collaborate in a remote/hybrid work environment
- Set clear goals for you and your team
- Explore techniques for maintaining supportive team culture
- Creating successful remote/hybrid onboarding
Content may be adapted throughout the sessions to suit the needs of the group. There will be some pre-work (setting up learning tools) and a small amount of reflection work to do between workshops.
About the tutor
Lucy McKenna is a Learning specialist, design thinker and development expert. Lucy has extensive experience in designing and delivering innovative learning programmes that build resilience and support people working in fast-paced environments. Lucy has developed her skills over the last 15 years working across Learning and Development, Design, Project Management, Marketing, and Account Management in organisations such as Google, Eircom, and Aer Lingus.
Dates and Times
- Tuesday 2nd February 6.30pm
- Thursday 4th February 6.30pm
- Tuesday 9th February 6.30pm
- Thursday 11th February 6.30pm
This course is aimed at Heads of Departments, HR staff, Managers and Team Leaders, in the Animation, VFX and Games industries that are leading teams both on site/set and remotely.
Screen Skills Ireland and Animation Skillnet courses are open to all regardless of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
Please apply online by Friday 22 January 2021 via the Screen Skills Ireland Website: