The course will cover:
- Financial management: Cash flow, budgets, finance plans, books and records.
- Accessing funding: Sources of finance, soft money v market money, funding applications, tax credits and development funding.
- Dealing with third parties: Co-producers, distributors, broadcasters, License fees and agents.
- Ancillary revenue streams: Licensing, merchandising, recoupment schedules.
- Managing talent: Music, writers, animators, voice artists and post production.
- Other: Legal and accounting.
This course is aimed at individuals in production/creative roles within the animation industry who want to increase their knowledge of the business side of the industry and how to go about financing a project.
Ronan McCabe is a managing director/consultant with a proven track record in the development and commercialisation of animation and television properties in Ireland, Britain, Europe and the USA, including the iconic characters Zig & Zag, Podge & Rodge, Dustin and Mr. Tayto. His career has been based on identifying, developing, financing and producing new projects/properties, extracting value through the strategic management of rights, communication skills, interpersonal skills, financial background and commercial acumen.
He has successfully managed a company for over twenty years from start-up with the ability to keep innovating in a constantly evolving and challenging industry.
He is an award winning executive producer of Television, Film and Digital Media with 3 x IFTAs, 2 X Royal Television Society Awards, several number one singles, albums, books and DVDs.
He is currently the Treasurer of Animation Ireland and is also a former chairman and board member of Screen Producers Ireland.
Date & Times:
5 Monday Evenings from 7pm-9pm, 3rd April, 10th April, 24th April, 8th May and 15th May. Please note that there will be no class on Monday 17th April or Monday 1st May as they are bank holidays.
Conference Room 3, Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylors Lane, Dublin 8 (Directions and Map: http://gec.ie/get-in-touch/).
Members: 100 Euro, Non Members: 125 Euro
Payment can be made by credit card online (a link will be sent to you) or by cheque/postal order payable to Animation Skillnet.
Please apply by sending an email to: email@example.com
Deadline for Applications:
Wednesday, 29th March.