This Course Will Cover:
- Theory and practice for lighting and look development.
- Review of CG animated films with a discussion of the techniques used for look and lighting.
- Discuss look and lighting pipeline.
- Discuss and compare popular renderers currently being used in production including Arnold and Redshift.
- Discuss the differences between feature film and tv series pipeline.
- Photography techniques for acquiring images to be used as texture maps.
- Creating seamlessly tiled textures for procedural materials.
- Introduction to instancing and grooming using Mayas Xgen features.
- Careers and internships in lighting and look development.
Participants should have a basic understanding of 3D animation software, texture mapping techniques, UV mapping and layout and Photoshop.
John Huikku is currently CG supervisor on a new VFX project at Egg Post Production in Dublin. Previous work includes CG supervisor at Brown Bag films and a 15 year career working for The Walt Disney company. John’s lighting and look development credits include Frozen, Wreck-It Ralph, Tangled, Bolt, Return of the King, Sky Captain and Armageddon.
Date & Times:
5 Thursday Evenings from 6.30pm-9.30pm, 11th February, 18th February, 25th February, 3rd March and 10th March.
Room 11, Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylors Lane, Dublin 8 (Directions and Map: http://gec.ie/directions-and-map).
Members: 100 Euro, Non Members: 125 Euro
Payment can be made by credit card online (a link will be sent to you) or by cheque/postal order payable to Animation Skillnet.
Please apply by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications:
Wednesday, 3rd February.