This course will develop confidence in After Effects skills, covering the basics of animation and compositing along with tips and tricks and best practice:
- Navigating AE: Project and effects panels, timeline, effects controls, viewport and the associated buttons and tools.
- How to collect a project and the importance of correct folder structures and naming conventions.
- Animation/Motion Graphics: Creating shapes, text and mask layers, timeline editor, animation curves, and basic expressions
- Creating and using alpha and luma mattes, and green screen keying.
- Rotoscoping best practice, how to avoid rotoscoping, and tracking footage in Mocha.
- Compositing a shot, rendering and output.
While this is an introduction to After Effects participants should have some working knowledge of the software and are looking to improve their results. It is an extremely fast paced course so participants should be comfortable navigating folder structures, are familiar with the basic concepts of layer based work, masking and keyframes. The course is suitable for college students or graduates, and also those in the film/tv/animation industry looking to brush up on their skills.
Daniel Cantwell has worked in numerous studios in Ireland since graduating in 2009 and has many years practical experience on high-profile tv shows and animations, starting out as a compositor and moving into VFX as a supervisor. He is now the Creative Director at Ben & Anvil studio, which has won many design and animation awards.
Dates and Times:
5 Wednesday evenings from 6.30pm-9.30pm: 12th Feb, 19th, 26th of February and 4th and 11th of March 2020.
Members: 100 Euro, Non Members: 125 Euro
Please apply by sending an email, CV and online portfolio to email@example.com
Deadline for Applications:
Monday 3rd of February at 5pm