– Introduction to Look Development for production.
– In depth discussion about Arnold as Production renderer.
– Render Setup for stills rendering and animation.
– Introduction to Compositing.
– Principles of lighting, 1, 2, 3, point lighting.
– Practical examples of using IBL lighting for production.
– Breaking down references, and recreating materials for photo realism.
– Procedural texturing using Arnold and Maya built-in nodes.
– Triplanar projections, and using photos in combination with Procedural nodes.
– Recreating lighting from a photograph and integrating cg elements into real life footage.
– In depth breakdown of the shading and lighting of the cover image, Dublin 2047.
– Live demo on Lighting for big scenes.
– Photo realistic Vs Stylized look development.
– Final example scene, making multiple lighting setups to emulate different moods and tell different stories.
– Bringing it all together – finalizing the main example scene to production quality level, render layers and compositing.
This course is aimed at intermediate and advanced artists who have a solid understanding of maya, texturing and rendering in general.
Darko Mitev is Senior CG Generalist who has more than 11 years of production experience in the VFX, Feature Film, Commercials and game cinematic industries. He is currently working as a Senior Character Artist at Brown Bag Films.
To see more of Darko’s work, visit: darkomitev.artstation.com
Note: All lessons on this course will be recorded with screen capture software and will be available for the participants to review as additional learning material. Participants will be obligated to finish at least one art piece by the end of the workshop.
Date & Times:
5 Monday evenings from 6.30pm-9.30pm; February 18th, February 25th, March 4th, March 11th and March 18th.
Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylors Lane, Dublin 8 (Directions and Map: http://gec.ie/get-in-touch/).
Members: 100 Euro, Non Members: 125 Euro
Payment can be made by credit card online (a link will be sent to you) or by cheque/postal order payable to Animation Skillnet.
Please apply by sending an email to: email@example.com
Deadline for Applications:
Monday 11th February