- An introduction to the industry standard 3D package Maya, where participants will be guided through the broad concepts and techniques of 3D that can then be applied to 3D animation and game development.
- Navigating the Maya interface and becoming familiar with the software – looking primarily at the modelling, texturing and animation procedures and tools.
- Get practical, guided lessons on modelling your first 3D model that will cover basic box modelling, efficient edge flow and preparing UVs for texturing.
- Texturing and shading are essential elements in 3D and we will continue with your unwrapped model and prepare it for rendering – looking particularly at the multiple detailing maps and standard shading setups that will bring the 3D model to life.
- We will cover the fundamentals of animating in Maya, taking our textured model and creating a simple animation.
- Blending all previous learning points, we will then setup a 3D scene and render your animated sequence looking particularly at creating 3D lights, setting up the Arnold renderer and outputting the rendered sequence for editing.
This introductory course is aimed at the avid beginner, who has is keen on developing their 3D skills. Preexisting, fundamental knowledge of the 3D production process and basic Photoshop skills are required, as certain areas of the course will get quite technical. The participant should be technically capable, enthusiastic and show capability to learn a challenging new subject.
Darragh Duffy has been working in the Irish animation industry since 2009, holding lead positions on 3D TV show productions for clients like Disney, CBeebies and Nickelodeon. Darragh’s most recent project was working as a Technical Director on the acclaimed, 52 episode TV show GoJetters for the BBC.
Date & Times:
5 Monday Evenings from 6.30pm-9.30pm, 19th September, 26th September, 3rd October, 10th October and 17th October.
Room 11, Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylors Lane, Dublin 8 (Directions and Map: http://gec.ie/get-in-touch/).
Members: 100 Euro, Non Members: 125 Euro
Payment can be made by credit card online (a link will be sent to you) or by cheque/postal order payable to Animation Skillnet.
Please apply by sending an email to: email@example.com
Deadline for Applications:
Wednesday, 14th September.