Leading People and Teams
For Animation Skillnet members.
Delivered by LBS Partners (http://lbspartners.ie).
This programme aims to develop the capability and confidence of managers, supervisors and team leaders in the basic skills required to manage effectively. It provides a structured and supportive framework for increasing self-awareness, building and maintaining positive workplace relationships, identifying everyday challenges and developing strategies and techniques for managing effectively.
By participating in this programme, you and your team will:
• Understand the role of team-leader/front-line supervisor/manager and the capabilities required to execute this role successfully
• Develop an awareness of their own management style
• Effectively plan and manage their time and workload
• Become skilled communicators with the ability to plan ahead, actively listen, influence others and build positive relationships
• Learn how to manage challenging workplace behaviours
• Be able to develop and lead a high-performing team
• Know how to problem-solve and make difficult decisions in management
• Understand the role of management in leading on change and implementing organisational strategy
Who Should Participate?
Practising and aspiring supervisors, team leads and managers who require a deeper understanding of the management part of
their role within the organisation.
This heavily subsidized programme is available for only €1,000 per participant. This includes all training, course materials, lunches and refreshments.
Look Forward To
• Interactive programme, typically delivered over 12-weeks.
• 5 days of training – all participating companies attending together.
• 1 half days of on-site mentoring with an expert Management Development Trainer from
LBSPartners – focused on supporting participants to be the best managers they can be.
Workshop Training Programme
Training Day 1
Managing Vs Leading. The roles and responsibilities of the manager(John Adair). Different management styles.
Training Day 2
Planning and Managing Time and Workload. Taking responsibility. Delegating. Prioritising. Managing effective meetings.
Training Day 3
Communication and Influencing. Building and maintaining effective workplace relationships.
Training Day 4
Problem Solving & Decision Making, Managing high performing teams. Team leadership skills
Training Day 5
Coaching. Most effective coaching methods. Leadership and Change.
Mentoring Support Plan
LBS Partners (http://lbspartners.ie) will provide 4 hours of coaching per participant to support the application of learning to participant’s job roles. This will take place during the delivery period of the training course. The purpose of coaching will be to review the participant’s progress and learning and how they have applied acquired skills and knowledge to their jobs. This will be reviewed using the Personal Reflective Log which will be completed over the course of the classroom-based learning by each participant. This is also an opportunity to focus on or discuss a particular question or issue they may have in relation to the topics covered in the classroom. This is a useful way to ensure that near-the-job learning is a core component of learning following on from participation in this programme.
A limited number of Animation Skillnet members can book a place through Animation Skillnet for a programme commencing on March 21st in Dublin (venue TBC).
Workshop 1 – 21/03/18
Workshop 2 – 22/03/18
Workshop 3 – 05/04/18
Workshop 4 – 19/04/18
Workshop 5 – 10/05/18
Animation Skillnet members can express an interest in doing the programme at a later date in 2018 and we will aim to combine the various expressions of interest into a programme schedule for later in the year.
If interested in Option 1 or Option 2 above please email firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 2nd March.