This Course Will Cover:
- Autodesk Maya lighting tools for CG animation and VFX.
- Theory and practice for lighting and shading.
- Overview of the duties of a lighting artist in a production setting.
- Creating and positioning lights to match art direction.
- Matching lighting to live action plates.
- Review of CG animated films with a discussion of the techniques used for lighting.
- Overview of lighting pipelines.
- The differences between feature film and tv series pipeline.
- Principles of digital color.
- Preparing render layers for flexible compositing.
- Renderers currently in production.
- Spherical panorama photography for acquiring images to be used as image based light.
- Careers and internships in lighting.
- Discuss demo reels for lighting positions.
- By the end of the class students should have images to be used on their demo reels.
Participants should have a basic understanding of Maya 3D animation software, texture mapping techniques, UV mapping and layout and Photoshop.
John Huikku recently joined Brown Bag Films as technical supervisor on Henry Hugglemonster after working for The Walt Disney company for 15 years. John’s lighting and look development credits include Frozen, Wreck-It Ralph, Tangled, Bolt, LOTR – The Return of the King, Sky Captain and Armageddon.
Date & Times:
Tuesdays 6.30pm-9.30pm, Dates: 23rd September, 30th September, 7th October, 14th October, 21st October, 4th November, 11th November, 18th November, 25th November and 2nd December.
Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylors Lane, Dublin 8 (http://gec.ie/directions-and-map).
Non Members: 150 Euro, Members: 120 Euro.
Payment can be made by credit card online (a link will be sent to you) or by cheque/postal order payable to Animation Skillnet C/O Dublin Business Innovation Centre.
Please apply by sending an email to: email@example.com
Deadline for Applications:
Wednesday, 17th September.