This Course Will Cover:
- Role of the Rigger – Fundamental principles of rigging.
- Rigging workflow within a studio.
- Introduction and implementation of standard rigging tools.
- Modifiers and skinning processes.
- Morph Targets.
- Animation controller creation.
- Breakdown of industry standard rigged characters.
- Introduction of intermediate rigging tools.
- Creation of a basic custom rig for showreel purposes.
- Preparation of industry standard rigging showreel.
This course is aimed at the avid novice that wants to expand their 3D knowledge in the art of rigging. This course will educate participants through hands-on experimentation in 3D Studio Max so a basic knowledge of this program is essential. Participants are required to have a gmail account, as course content will be shared via Google Drive, and a laptop/computer with a full or trial version of 3D Studio Max to work on assignments.
Darragh Duffy has worked as a lead rigger in the twice Oscar nominated studio Brown Bag Films, on high profile TV shows such as Disney’s Doc McStuffins and CBeebie’s The Octonauts. At present he works as a freelance consultant to numerous animation studios and is also currently collaborating on the development of an indie game. You can follow Darragh on twitter @darduffy and find more information on http://www.darraghduffy.com.
Date & Times:
Mondays 6.45pm-9.45pm, Dates: 24th Feb, 3rd March, 10th March and 24th March
Studio 14, Arts Building, Ballyfermot College of Further Education, Kylemore Road (Directions: http://www.bcfe.ie/contact.php).
Non Members: 100 Euro, Members: 80 Euro.
Payment can be made by cheque or postal order payable to Animation Skillnet C/O Dublin Business Innovation Centre.
Please apply by sending an email to: email@example.com
Deadline for Applications:
Wednesday, 19th February.