This course will cover
- Storyboarding: What it is.
- Principles of Visual Storytelling.
- The Storyboarding Process for Animation.
- Storyboarding for different projects, target audiences and genres.
- Project and Time Management.
- Work Environment and Tools.
- Good Professional Standards and Practices.
- Using the Storyboard Pro Software: Introduction, Functionality, Artistry, Productivity and Delivery.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to create full sequences from word to image using Storyboard Pro. The participant will have all the necessary knowledge to be in a position to take a script and turning it into a professionally deliverable storyboard.
The course is aimed at budding professionals in animation and related industries who seek to further develop their skills in this area. It is also aimed to keen novices already interested in visual storytelling who are considering storyboarding as an endeavour. A good grasp of drawing skills as well as familiarity with some digital art package such as Adobe’s Photoshop or Discreet’s Sketchbook Pro is essential. Participants should bring a graphic tablet to be able to use the program to its maximum capacity.
Date & Times:
Wednesday 6.30pm-9.30pm, Dates: 25th February, 4th March, 11th March, 18th March and 25th March.
Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylors Lane, Dublin 8 (http://gec.ie/directions-and-map).
Members: 90 Euro, Non Members: 110 Euro
Payment can be made by credit card online (a link will be sent to you) or by cheque/postal order payable to Animation Skillnet C/O Dublin Business Innovation Centre.
Please apply by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications:
Wednesday, 18th February.