Immersive Technology Skillnet has recently been established to provide subsidised training solutions to the Immersive Technology sectors (Games, VR/AR/MR etc.) in Ireland through high-end, bespoke training courses that are designed and delivered by industry specialists. Immersive Technology Skillnet will also organise and support professional networking events and conferences for these sectors in Ireland and internationally.
Immersive Technology Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies.
Immersive Technology Skillnet is looking to hire a Courses and Events Coordinator. This is a 12-month contract position (full-time or part-time).
Role – Details and Duties
The list below is not exhaustive and might be complemented by reasonable and related additional tasks.
Courses and Events Coordination
- Carry out skills gap analysis on an ongoing basis with regard to the Immersive Technology industry and related sectors.
- Design and implement industry relevant skills development initiatives which will address skills gaps and future skills. Skills development initiatives can include direct course provision, mentoring, shadowing and structured on-the-job learning.
Working with the Manager
- Work closely and maintain a high level of communication with the Manager to achieve objectives of the organisation for the benefit of Immersive Technology Skillnet members.
- Work closely with the Manager to design, develop and manage training programmes for Immersive Technology Skillnet.
Working with Stakeholders
- Engage with all the various stakeholders in the Immersive Technology industry and related sectors with regard to the skills needs of the sector.
- Build relationships with education/training providers linked to the Immersive Technology sector.
- Promote skills development initiatives between third level and industry and work with the Manager to design bridging programmes for recent graduates.
- Attend industry events to promote training and education opportunities in Ireland.
- Build relationships with International organisations to promote the Irish Immersive Technology industry and encourage business opportunities.
- Promote the network and its offering to attract new members and participants.
- Organise networking events for members.
- Continue to strengthen partnership and collaboration with key stakeholders such as Skillnet Ireland, DublinBIC, Screen Skills Ireland, IMIRT, Eirmersive, Technology Ireland, Enterprise Ireland, Industrial Development Authority and others.
- Maintain a high level of communication with the manager & offer any administration and organisational support as needed (including general admin, event organisation, Data entry, and Data collection for funding applications).
- Organise and coordinate Steering Group meetings to include sharing of agenda & with Steering Group members and completion and circulation of Minutes.
- Assist the Manager with financial management aspects of the network including processing quotes, invoices, receipts and preparing documents for end of year financial reporting, audit and compliance visits.
- Management of the Immersive Technology Skillnet Website and updating courses as required.
- Management of the Immersive Skillnet Social Media accounts.
- Carry out Data Entry tasks in relation to trainee profiles, training courses, training events, Member Company, tutor profiles and feedback forms.
Requirements – Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in the Immersive Technology industry or a related area.
- Experience of organising training courses/events.
- Knowledge of the range of roles and skills required within the Immersive Technology industry.
- An understanding of the various stakeholders within the Immersive Technology sector.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An excellent team worker with a strong sense of autonomy and the ability to work on own initiative.
- A forward thinker, ideas generator and solution driven.
- A demonstrated commitment to equality and diversity issues.
- The capability to interface confidently with Course Coordinators, Trainees and other stakeholders is a key element of the role.
- An ability to prioritise tasks and projects and learn in a dynamic environment.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a detailed CV that highlights relevant experience and a covering letter in strict confidence to email@example.com by Friday 31st January 2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview for the role in February.
This is a full-time or part-time 12 month contract post with a salary of between €25,000-€30,000 depending on experience.
Annual leave is 20 days per annum.
There will be a 3-month probationary period.
The post will be based in Dublin though some national and international travel may be required. An aspect of unsocial hours may be a feature of this position.