Immersive Technologies Skillnet has recently been established to provide subsidised skills development solutions to the Immersive Technology sectors (Games, VR/AR/MR etc.) in Ireland through high-end, bespoke training courses that are designed and delivered by industry specialists.
Immersive Technologies Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies.
Immersive Technologies Skillnet is looking to hire a Network Manager. This is a part-time contract position until the end of 2020 with the possibility of an extension to the contract pending allocation of funding for 2021 and successful performance of the role.
Role – Details and Duties
The list below is not exhaustive and might be complemented by reasonable and related additional tasks.
Courses and Events
- Carry out skills gap analysis on an ongoing basis regarding the Immersive Technology industry and related sectors.
- Design and implement industry relevant skills development initiatives which will address skills gaps and future skills. Skills development initiatives can include online/remote courses, direct course provision, mentoring, shadowing and structured on-the-job learning.
Working with the Network Director
- Work closely and maintain a high level of communication with the Network Director to achieve objectives of the organisation for the benefit of Immersive Technologies Skillnet members.
- Work closely with the Network Director to design, develop and manage training programmes for Immersive Technologies Skillnet.
Working with Stakeholders
- Engage with all the various stakeholders in the Immersive Technology industry and related sectors regarding the skills needs of the sector.
- Build relationships with education/training providers linked to the Immersive Technology sector.
- Promote skills development initiatives between third level and industry and work with the Director to design bridging programmes for recent graduates.
- Attend industry events to promote training and education opportunities in Ireland.
- Build relationships with International organisations to promote the Irish Immersive Technology industry and encourage business opportunities.
- Promote the network and its offering to attract new members and participants.
- Organise networking events for members.
- Continue to strengthen partnership and collaboration with key stakeholders such as Skillnet Ireland, DublinBIC, Screen Skills Ireland, IMIRT, Eirmersive, Technology Ireland, Enterprise Ireland, Industrial Development Authority and others.
Working with the Administrator
- Maintain a high level of communication with the administrator to ensure all administrative and organisational tasks are delivered including general administration; event organisation; Data entry; Data collection for funding applications; reservations and bookings; Steering Group meetings; financial management including processing quotes, invoices, receipts and preparing documents for end of year financial reporting, audit and compliance visits; updating the Immersive Technologies Skillnet Website and Social Media accounts.
Requirements – Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an Immersive Technologies related discipline or relevant experience supplemented with an equivalent qualification.
- Over 5 years of experience working in the Immersive Technology industry or a related area.
- Experience of organising training courses/events (online/remote and in-person).
- Knowledge of the range of roles and skills required within the Immersive Technology industry.
- An understanding of the various stakeholders within the Immersive Technology sector.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An excellent team worker with a strong sense of autonomy and the ability to work on own initiative.
- A forward thinker, ideas generator and solution driven.
- A demonstrated commitment to equality and diversity issues.
- The capability to interface confidently with the Network Director, Administrator, Trainees, and other stakeholders is a key element of the role.
- An ability to prioritise tasks and projects and learn in a dynamic environment.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a detailed CV that highlights relevant experience and a covering letter in strict confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 6th July 2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a virtual interview for the role in July.
This is a part-time contract post until the end of 2020 that will be remunerated at between €2,000- €2,500 per month depending on experience.