THE BRIDGE is an intensive 8 week programme that aims to take graduates and help to make them more “Industry Ready” by offering them the experience of the culture of business and the expectation of the delivery of outputs. The studios involved in the Bridge programme in previous years include Brown Bag Films, Havok, Riot Games, Jam Media, Piranhabar, Windmill Lane VFX, Treehouse Republic, Zink Films, Pink Kong Studios, Giant Animation, StoryToys, Egg Post Production and many more.
The Bridge Programme 2016:
It is proposed that between 25-30 participants will be selected for the 2016 programme. Participants must be either recent graduates from Animation, Games and VFX related courses or older graduates who are not working at the moment and who are trying to break into the industry.
Participants will be placed in participating studios for the 8 weeks and will receive both on-the-job training and additional training through Animation Skillnet and Screen Training Ireland.
The programme will take place over 8 weeks between June and August.
Key Benefits of ‘The Bridge’:
- Participants will be placed in participating studios for the 8 weeks.
- Participants will get to work on live projects supervised and mentored by studio professionals.
- Participants will have the opportunity to participate in specialised training sessions with industry professionals through Animation Skillnet and Screen Training Ireland for no additional cost.
- Participants who are in receipt of a social welfare payment can remain on social welfare over the course of the 8 weeks (40 days) but they must get approval from their social welfare office in advance.
- Participants will receive an additional nominal bursary amount to cover out-of-pocket expenses over the 8 weeks.
Recent graduates or unemployed graduates from animation, games and VFX related courses who wish to participate in ‘The Bridge’ 2016 should apply by Monday 23rd May here:
Applicants must include a link to an online CV or LinkedIn profile and a link to an online showreel/or digital portfolio.
Selected applicants will be contacted by mid June.
The Bridge initiative is funded primarily through Skillnets Job Seekers Support Programme with additional funding and support from Dublin Business Innovation Centre, the Guinness Enterprise Centre, the Irish Film Board and Screen Training Ireland.